How to Cook Oyster Mushroom Biryani Recipe? Get the right information and easy steps from Woodberry Natural.
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 200 grams oyster mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter) or vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (adjust according to spice preference)
- 1 teaspoon biryani masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander and mint leaves for garnish
- Clean the oyster mushrooms by gently wiping them with a damp cloth or paper towel. Tear them into smaller, bite-sized pieces.
- Soak basmati rice in water for 30 minutes, then drain.
- Heat ghee or oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add sliced onions and sauté until golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a minute until the raw smell disappears.
- Add tomatoes and cook until they turn soft and mushy.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, biryani masala powder, garam masala, andsalt. Mix well.
- Add the oyster mushrooms and cook for 5-6 minutes until they are tender.
- In a separate pot, bring water to a boil and cook the soaked and drained basmati riceuntil 70-80% cooked. Drain the rice.
- Layer the partially cooked rice over the mushroom masala in the pot. Cover the pot tightly and cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes until the rice is fully cooked and flavours are well absorbed.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and mint leaves.