How to Cook Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burger Recipe? Get the right information and easy steps from Woodberry Natural.
- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- 4 burger buns
- 4 slices of cheese (such as cheddar or Swiss)
- Lettuce leaves
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced onions
- Pickles (optional)
- Condiments of your choice (mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard)
For the marinade:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean the portobello mushroom caps by gently wiping them with a damp cloth or paper towel. Remove the stems if desired.
- In a bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, minced garlic, dried thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Place the portobello mushrooms in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over them. Letthem marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill or grill pan over medium heat.
- Grill the marinated portobello mushrooms for about 4-5 minutes on each side until theyare tender and grill marks appear.
- During the last few minutes of grilling, place a slice of cheese on each mushroom cap to melt.
- Toast the burger buns on the grill if desired.
- Assemble the burgers by placing a grilled portobello mushroom cap on the bottom bun. Top with lettuce, sliced tomatoes, onions, pickles, and your favorite condiments. Cover with the top bun.